We are committed to:
1. Embedding a culture of child safety through effective leadership.
2. Making a commitment to child safety with a policy and a statement.
3. Having a clear code of conduct that establishes appropriate behaviour with children.
4. Screening, supervision and training for staff, to reduce the risk of child abuse.
5. Clear processes for responding to and reporting suspected child abuse.
6. Identifying child abuse risks and ways to reduce them.
7. Empowering children to share their feedback and experiences about feeling safe.
Down Syndrome Victoria has zero tolerance for child abuse, and is committed to children’s best interests and keeping them safe. DSV actively works to listen to and empower children in the organisation.